Oh boy howdy, Day 1's workout kicked my butt and it kicked it hard.
By the time I was about halfway through, I was thinking to myself that it wasn't so bad. I got this. But then round 2 started and I was pooped. I was sweaty, tired, and hungry.
I think this was largely because I spent my morning grocery shopping and didn't pay too much mind to what I was eating. Big mistake. If I were to do this again, I would definitely do my meal prep and my grocery shopping BEFORE starting my workouts so that my nutrition could be on point from the get go.
But you live and learn.
As Autumn says, it is about progress, not perfection.
So anyways, I was able to complete this workout with only a few modifications. It was definitely hard, but I feel very proud and accomplished now that it is over. Today was "Total Body Core".
Oddly enough, the thing that I found to be the MOST frustrating, difficult, and time consuming was trying to get the darned resistance bands to not roll when I put them on my legs. It proved impossible for the time being, and I spent way too much time trying to fix them, but hopefully that will get better as the program progresses.
As far as the meal plan goes, I am following plan C-- which is the same that I was following kind of loosely for 21 Day Fix. Based on my weight, I should be on plan F! I tried that plan before, but it was just way too much food for me to eat. So, if I find that I am frequently hungry or that I am lacking energy for my workouts, I will adjust my meal plan up a notch, to make sure that I am getting enough calories in.
Tonight we are having steak fajitas-- if my meat is thawed in time. :)
See you tomorrow for Day 2!
By the time I was about halfway through, I was thinking to myself that it wasn't so bad. I got this. But then round 2 started and I was pooped. I was sweaty, tired, and hungry.
I think this was largely because I spent my morning grocery shopping and didn't pay too much mind to what I was eating. Big mistake. If I were to do this again, I would definitely do my meal prep and my grocery shopping BEFORE starting my workouts so that my nutrition could be on point from the get go.
But you live and learn.
As Autumn says, it is about progress, not perfection.
So anyways, I was able to complete this workout with only a few modifications. It was definitely hard, but I feel very proud and accomplished now that it is over. Today was "Total Body Core".
Oddly enough, the thing that I found to be the MOST frustrating, difficult, and time consuming was trying to get the darned resistance bands to not roll when I put them on my legs. It proved impossible for the time being, and I spent way too much time trying to fix them, but hopefully that will get better as the program progresses.
As far as the meal plan goes, I am following plan C-- which is the same that I was following kind of loosely for 21 Day Fix. Based on my weight, I should be on plan F! I tried that plan before, but it was just way too much food for me to eat. So, if I find that I am frequently hungry or that I am lacking energy for my workouts, I will adjust my meal plan up a notch, to make sure that I am getting enough calories in.
Tonight we are having steak fajitas-- if my meat is thawed in time. :)
See you tomorrow for Day 2!
Comments
Post a Comment